Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Pow-Wow, Part 2 (Ric-M Collab)



Part 2 of a 3-part collaboration I did with my buddy, Ric-M, from deviantART.

The Duck and the Hyper Husky bicker some more, then Tyrra has a confession to make...
  •  "Coffin nails" is an old slang for cigarettes. I figure Tyrra would be a character who tends to use outdated words. Her knowledge of the English vocabulary is a bit rough, what with her being a dog and all. Knowing her, the Husky probably learned most of it from Quacklad, not to mention watching a LOT of TV shows and movies, kinda like Madison (Daryl Hannah) in "Splash" (1984).
  • I have this one idea for a running gag where Tyrra keeps trying to get Quacklad to quit smoking, but since the Duck's been lighting up those rolled-up tobacco paper sticks so long, he's sees no point in quitting (there are worse things out there that can kill him apparently).
  • Ectoplasm: it's not just good on toast, but it also makes a great stylish hair gel!
  • Having Tyrra make a reference to Rufio (Dante Basco), the leader of the Lost Boys from "Hook" (1991) is a line that still makes me chuckle when I read it out loud (it's one of my favorite movies from nostalgic childhood).
  • One of these days, I've gotta show these two interacting with some of "Walpurgis' finest". I was originally going to have Quacklad and Tyrra work with a detective on the city's police force who secretly gives them paranormal cases, but it's more fun to have them be legit, freelance paranormal investigators.
  • "Hot Topic groupies"- again, no disrespect to the Goth crowd nor that store; I very much enjoy getting pop culture swag there.
  • The last panel has to be my favorite of this page. The way the POV from Tyrra's angle looks from the left side has a bit of mystery to it, like we're not sure what expression the Husky has she's about to tell Quacklad what's on her mind. Nicely done, Rick!
 - Stay tuned for the conclusion tomorrow, folks! -

No comments:

Post a Comment